Psychological First Aid Certification
2 Days (12-16 hrs)
Psychological First Aid prepares individuals to respond to stress in themselves and others.
Individuals who would benefit from this course could include:
Individuals who desire practical skills to support them self and those they support through stress, crisis, trauma, or grief, etc.
Disaster/Emergency Management Personnel
Professional Responders - eg Firefighters, Paramedics, Police, etc.
Those who professionally care for others - eg Nurses, PSWs, Crisis Workers, DSW, Teachers, Family Care Givers, etc.
This program addresses topics such as:
- Psychological First Aid Workbook:
The workbook is a place for learners to capture their thoughts, reflections, and learning as they engage with the program exercises.
- Look, Listen, Link Live cards:
Each card includes the key component fo that particular action within the Look, Listen, Link, Live cycle. These cards are tactile takeaways that participants can reference in the future.
What is Psychological First Aid
Psychological First Aid can be provided at the time of an incident or in the days, months or even years following. It is not counselling or professional services and should be seen similarly to the actions of a person rendering First Aid for an illness or injury. An individual needs assessment determines if the first aider will render care themselves, or connect the ill/injured person with more advanced care.
Thank you for choosing PUSH for Life.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation 7 days prior to event = full (100%) refund | Cancellation 3 - 6 days prior to event = $30 admin. fee/participant | Cancellation < 48 hours preceding an event = No refund.
Billing Policy: We thank you for your business and kindly request that you submit payment for outstanding invoices within 30 days. Unpaid invoices will begin to incur interest at a rate of 5%/month, after 60 days past due.
Social Distancing Protocol:
We all want to feel safe while training. Thank you in advance for helping promote the health and safety of all of our participants. While training with us we ask that you would adhere to the following training protocols:
- All participants must wear a mask and gloves at all times during training. (Participants who have a condition or who cannot wear a face mask or covering to class will not be admitted to class and must reschedule - please contact us to talk about additional training options)
- Participants will be screened upon arrival, and must be free from signs of illness including allergies causing sneezing or coughing to be admitted to the course.
- We ask that participants do not schedule training within 14 days of travel outside of Ontario/Canada
- Participants who have come in close contact with a person who has traveled outside of Ontario/Canada, or who has been confirmed to have COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule.
- Instructors and participants will be asked to follow proper hand hygiene using soap and water as directed by public health: at beginning and end of class, before and after eating/drinking, before and after skills practice session.