Cannabis InThe Workplace: For Workers
Cannabis is the Workplace: Training for Workers aims to give employees the best possible understanding of the differences between medical and recreational cannabis, their responsibilities when using medical cannabis in the workplace, and employer responsibilities. This course explains the laws relating to human rights legislation and the duty to accommodate employees who have medical authorization to use cannabis.
Who Should Take the Course?
This course has been designed to educate employees about cannabis in the workplace, focusing on the issue of impairment and providing practical information about their rights and responsibilities.
The purpose of this course is to provide a foundation that you can build upon when understanding the facts regarding cannabis in the workplace. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Know the facts about medical and recreational cannabis use in Canada
- Identify the potential causes and effects of impairment
- Describe the signs and symptoms of impairment in the workplace
- Understand the health and safety responsibilities of employers and employees
- Explain the duty to accommodate, as it applies to the use of medical cannabis
At the end of the course, there is a test. Participants must successfully complete the test before receiving their certificate. Participants that do not achieve 100% can review the module content and try as many times as necessary to complete the course. Test questions are randomly selected from a test bank, making each test unique.
Upon successfully completing the course, there is a printable certificate for your records.