Basic Life Support (BLS/HCP) (*includes AED training) Course Dates
Training looks different now :) We will be taking extra precautions to ensure safe training.
4-6 Hour Course
1 Year Certification
Basic Life Support (HCP)
This health care provider level course takes a team approach to CPR with a focus on high-performance CPR. Basic Life Support inncorporates advanced skills requiring participants to develop a deeper understanding of resuscitation. This course is applicable and recommended for First Responders, Nurses, Dentists, and students of these professions.
* Basic Life Support is a 1 year certification.
** HCP levle CPR has been replaced by BLS (Basic Life Support).
BLS w/ Airway Management
BLS w/ Airway Management & Oxygen Therapy
Course Topics Include:
- Legal & Ethical Issues - Responsive vs Unresponsive, Abandonment, Advance Directives.
- Basic Life Support Skills - Jaw Thrust, Pulse, Agonal Respirations
- High Performance CPR - High-quality CPR, Bag Valve Mask, Defibrillaton
- Special considerations for: Trauma, Hypothermia, Opioid Overdose, Anaphylaxis, Medication delivery,
- Airway Obstrucation - Anatomical vs Mechanical, Interventions
- Team Communicaton - Closed-Loop communication, Roles, Debrief, Quality Improvement
Thank you for choosing PUSH For Life. It is our aim to provide excellent customer service and to arrange rescheduling with participants in a timely manner whenever possible.
Refund for cancellation 7 business days before your course:
We will happily provide a refund for the in-class portion of a course that was cancelled 7 business days (or greater) prior to the scheduled in-class training.
Refund for cancellation 3 - 6 business days before your course :
If a course is cancelled during this timeframe there will be an administrative charge of $40 per participant and the remaining in-class portion of funds will be returned.
Refund for cancellation less than 2 business days before your course:
Unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund with less than 2 business days notice of cancellation.
Course Cancellations by Push For Life:
When it is determined that a course has not reached minimum capacity, or the instructor has become unavailable due to illness or emergency, participants will be given the opportunity to reschedule. If rescheduling is not agreeable the participant will receive a full refund for the in-class portion of their training.
Billing Policy: We thank you for your business and kindly request that you submit payment for outstanding invoices within 30 days. Unpaid invoices will begin to incur interest at a rate of 5%/month, after 60 days past due.
Social Distancing Protocol:
We all want to feel safe while training. Thank you in advance for helping promote the health and safety of all of our participants. While training with us we ask that you would adhere to the following training protocols:
- All participants must wear a mask and gloves at all times during training. (Participants who have a condition or who cannot wear a face mask or covering to class will not be admitted to class and must reschedule - please contact us to talk about additional training options)
- Participants will be screened upon arrival, and must be free from signs of illness including allergies causing sneezing or coughing to be admitted to the course.
- We ask that participants do not schedule training within 14 days of travel outside of Ontario/Canada
- Participants who have come in close contact with a person who has traveled outside of Ontario/Canada, or who has been confirmed to have COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule.
- Instructors and participants will be asked to follow proper hand hygiene using soap and water as directed by public health: at beginning and end of class, before and after eating/drinking, before and after skills practice session.
Please find our full cancellation policy here: