Standard First Aid & Level 'C' CPR Certification Course Dates
- 65 Station St - Compass Rose Financial Building
- 160 Binnington Crt - All Safety Consulting Building
- 1329 Gardners Rd - Remax Building
Training looks different now. For your safety,
Standard First Aid will now consist of 50% online training and 50% in-person (classroom) training. Red Cross refers to these courses as "Blended Learning" courses.
Sign up for your online portion to get started! You will have 2 weeks to complete your online training. Once you have finished your online modules, you will have 90 days to register and complete the in-class portion of your training.
Course Topics Include:
- Responding to Emergencies– Preparedness, First Aid Kits, Chain of Survival, Lowering the risk of infection.
- Check, Call, Care– How to prioritize your actions when responding
- Choking Procedures- Adults, Children and Infants
- Circulation Emergencies– Angina, Heart Attack, Stroke, Life threatening bleeding, Tourniquets.
- CPR & Defibrillator (AED) Use- Adults, Children, and Infants
- Breathing Emergencies– Asthma, Anaphylaxis
- Wound Care– Cuts and Scrapes, Nose Bleeds, Impaled objects, Amputations, Chest Injuries, etc
- Head, Neck & Spinal Injuries– Spinal precautions, Concussions
- Sudden Medical Emergencies– Diabetes, Seizures, Mental Health Crisis, Child Birth
- Environmental Illness– Heat illness, Hypothermia, Frostbite
- Poisons– Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Poisonous plants, Alcohol/Drugs, Insect stings
- Animal bites– including Tick bites/Lyme disease, etc
Thank you for choosing PUSH For Life. It is our aim to provide excellent customer service and to arrange rescheduling with participants in a timely manner whenever possible.
Refund for cancellation 7 business days before your course:
We will happily provide a refund for the in-class portion of a course that was cancelled 7 business days (or greater) prior to the scheduled in-class training.
Refund for cancellation 3 - 6 business days before your course :
If a course is cancelled during this timeframe there will be an administrative charge of $40 per participant and the remaining in-class portion of funds will be returned.
Refund for cancellation less than 2 business days before your course:
Unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund with less than 2 business days notice of cancellation.
Course Cancellations by Push For Life:
When it is determined that a course has not reached minimum capacity, or the instructor has become unavailable due to illness or emergency, participants will be given the opportunity to reschedule. If rescheduling is not agreeable the participant will receive a full refund for the in-class portion of their training.
Please find our full Cancellation Policy here:
Social Distancing Protocol
Social Distancing Protocol
We all want to feel safe while training. Thank you in advance for helping promote the health and safety of all of our participants. While training with us we ask that you would adhere to the following training protocols:
- All participants must wear a mask and gloves at all times during training. (Participants who have a condition or who cannot wear a face mask or covering to class will not be admitted to class and must reschedule - please contact us to talk about additional training options)
- Participants will be screened upon arrival, and must be free from signs of illness including allergies causing sneezing or coughing to be admitted to the course.
- We ask that participants do not schedule training within 14 days of travel outside of Ontario/Canada
- Participants who have come in close contact with a person who has traveled outside of Ontario/Canada, or who has been confirmed to have COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule.
- Instructors and participants will be asked to follow proper hand hygiene using soap and water as directed by public health: at beginning and end of class, before and after eating/drinking, before and after skills practice session.