Standard First Aid Re-certification Course Dates & Registration
Training looks different now :) For your safety,
Standard First Aid will now consist of 50% online training and 50% in-person (classroom) training.
Red Cross refers to these courses as "Blended Learning" courses.
Sign up for your online portion to get started! You will have 2 weeks to complete your online training.
Once your online modules are complete, you will have 90 days to register and complete the in-class portion of your training.
Standard First Aid Re-Certification
Participants who hold a current Standard First Aid certification may be eligable for "Re-Certification" if they completed the full 2 day (Standard First Aid) course with in the past 3 years. Once a participant has Re-Certified, they will need to repeat the full 2 day course again (within 3 years) to maintain their certification status.
**Expired participants will need to repeat the full 2 day Standard First Aid course. Certifications expire 3 years less one day from the completion date of the previous certification.
2 day Certification (3 years)
1 day Re-Certification (3 years)
2 day Certification (3 years)
Course Topics Included:
Recertification includes a consise review of all of the topics covered in the full Standard First Aid program, including:
- Responding to Emergencies– Preparedness, First Aid Kits, Chain of Survival, Lowering the risk of infection.
- Check, Call, Care– How to prioritize your actions when responding
- Choking Procedures- Adults, Children and Infants
- Circulation Emergencies– Angina, Heart Attack, Stroke, Life threatening bleeding, Tourniquets.
- CPR & Defibrillator (AED) Use- Adults, Children, and Infants
- Breathing Emergencies– Asthma, Anaphylaxis
- Wound Care– Cuts and Scrapes, Nose Bleeds, Impaled objects, Amputations, Chest Injuries, etc
- Head, Neck & Spinal Injuries– Spinal precautions, Concussions
- Sudden Medical Emergencies– Diabetes, Seizures, Mental Health Crisis, Child Birth
- Environmental Illness– Heat illness, Hypothermia, Frostbite
- Poisons– Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Poisonous plants, Alcohol/Drugs, Insect stings
- Animal bites– including Tick bites/Lyme disease, etc
Thank you for choosing PUSH For Life. It is our aim to provide excellent customer service and to arrange rescheduling with participants in a timely manner whenever possible.
Refund for cancellation 7 business days before your course:
We will happily provide a refund for the in-class portion of a course that was cancelled 7 business days (or greater) prior to the scheduled in-class training.
Refund for cancellation 3 - 6 business days before your course :
If a course is cancelled during this timeframe there will be an administrative charge of $40 per participant and the remaining in-class portion of funds will be returned.
Refund for cancellation less than 2 business days before your course:
Unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund with less than 2 business days notice of cancellation.
Course Cancellations by Push For Life:
When it is determined that a course has not reached minimum capacity, or the instructor has become unavailable due to illness or emergency, participants will be given the opportunity to reschedule. If rescheduling is not agreeable the participant will receive a full refund for the in-class portion of their training.
Please find our full Cancellation Policy here: