EFA Course Dates & Registration
Training looks different now :) For your safety,
Standard First Aid will now consist of 50% online training and 50% in-person (classroom) training.
Red Cross refers to these courses as "Blended Learning" courses.
Sign up for your online portion to get started! You will have 2 weeks to complete your online training.
Once your online modules are complete, you will have 90 days to register and complete the in-class portion of your training.
Emergency First Aid & CPR Certification
According to Regulation 1101, all workplaces in Ontario covered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act (WSIA) must provide First Aid training to their employees.
For workplaces with 5 or fewer people working on any shift, at least 1 must have an Emergency First Aid certificate.
For workplaces with 6 or more people working on any shift, at least 1 must have a Standard First Aid certificate.
Workplaces must have at least one person on site at all times who has a valid first aid certificate.
Get your feet wet with the basics:
Designed for the workplace as well as the home, this one day cousre prepares the participant to respond to the most emergent of situations.
First Aiders are invaluable. Good samaritans who act quickly can dramatically affect the survival rates of injured persons because they often arrive before emergency services, and can start life-saving procedures sooner.
Help youself and your loved ones by registering for Emergency First Aid training today.
Course Topics Include:
- Responding to Emergencies– Preparedness, First Aid Kits, Chain of Survival, Lowering the risk of infection.
- Check, Call, Care– How to prioritize your actions when responding
- Choking Procedures- Adults, Children and Infants
- Circulation Emergencies– Angina, Heart Attack, Stroke, Life threatening bleeding, Tourniquets.
- CPR & Defibrillator (AED) Use- Adults, Children, and Infants
- Breathing Emergencies– Asthma, Anaphylaxis
- Wound Care– Burns, Cuts & Scrapes, Impaled Objects, Amputations, etc.
Thank you for choosing PUSH for Life.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation 7 days prior to event = full (100%) refund | Cancellation 3 - 6 days prior to event = $30 admin. fee/participant | Cancellation < 48 hours preceding an event = No refund.
Billing Policy: We thank you for your business and kindly request that you submit payment for outstanding invoices within 30 days. Unpaid invoices will begin to incur interest at a rate of 5%/month, after 60 days past due.
Social Distancing Protocol:
We all want to feel safe while training. Thank you in advance for helping promote the health and safety of all of our participants. While training with us we ask that you would adhere to the following training protocols:
- All participants must wear a mask and gloves at all times during training. (Participants who have a condition or who cannot wear a face mask or covering to class will not be admitted to class and must reschedule - please contact us to talk about additional training options)
- Participants will be screened upon arrival, and must be free from signs of illness including allergies causing sneezing or coughing to be admitted to the course.
- We ask that participants do not schedule training within 14 days of travel outside of Ontario/Canada
- Participants who have come in close contact with a person who has traveled outside of Ontario/Canada, or who has been confirmed to have COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule.
- Instructors and participants will be asked to follow proper hand hygiene using soap and water as directed by public health: at beginning and end of class, before and after eating/drinking, before and after skills practice session.